While I was in a science mood last week I decided to use up some extremely old Letraset (so old that lots of people haven't heard of it!)
When I was back at school ('when god were a lad', as they say in some Northern parts) we used Letraset to create good scientific diagrams. It was a 'rub-on' kind of material that came in huge sheets with a sort of greaseproof backing paper that you had to put between the page and the bits you didn't want, or you ended up with all sorts of pieces you didn't plan.
It also didn't always stick very well, as this Inchie demonstrates. The reason the word Bonds is placed liked that is because part of the hexane ring didn't stay on the paper! (Well I had to fill the gap with something!) Actually I'm surprised it worked at all, given that it must be 40-ish years old, but it had been stored well, among a lot of old art papers that I'm gradually consuming.
The background is crayoned, of course.
I've some old Letraset too! It is very brittle and prone to breaking on application. Thank you for your kind comment.
ReplyDelete