Monday, 28 January 2013

Every Inchie Monday: hut

hut
The photo on this just doesn't do it justice. I thought I came up with a really good idea. I found a christmas card with Pieter Brueghel the younger's Winter Landscape with Skaters and Bird Trap on it. To the left of the painting is a perfect little hut, and I figured I could make a collage with it.

So I cut out a square from the sky as a background, then I chose the church from the horizon to provide a sky line, then I cut out a couple of skaters for the foreground, and finally the hut.  I stuck it all together and added in some detail with a fine-nib pen. The birds in the painting were too big for the collage, so I drew my own. Then I highlighted the tree a bit. And finally I added the dogs. (Not my best bit of drawing, I admit!)

Then I photographed it. And completely forgot that printed matter at that scale shows the very fine detail of the printing process. So it's a bit spotty!  It looks good at 'true' scale. Honest.

Please click the link on the left to see other people who complete the Inchie challenge every week, or visit the links on the right to see some more inchie fans.

8 comments:

  1. You are telling a whole story on only one inch square! So many details. I think it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. Its hard to believe you've captured all this on an inch square - really great one AJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. do love the depth of story in this one. Being from Illinois I remember those lovely snow days. Dont miss them now that I rarely get them! LOL great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this - I think the snow paintings of the two Breughels are probably my most favourite artworks. Anything that takes them as inspiration gets my vote!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I, too, love this, and especially appreciate, not only the details in it, but your detailed explanation of how you did it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful inchie, full of interest

    ReplyDelete

Don't just drop by and then leave. Please leave a note to say you've been!