This week's inchie topic is 'ruin'. I started out by thinking of lots of tumbledown castles and archaeological sites before I remembered there's more than one kind of ruin.
Here's just a few of the High Street names that have either disappeared or severely shrunk over the last 12 months. Every one of these logos represents lost jobs and wrecked lives.
It's all digitally produced on MS Publisher then cut out and stuck to card. The background was printed first: just the word 'ruin' repeated on several lines, in Comic Sans font.
Comic seemed fitting somehow - since our government is letting this happen at home while it's paying a small fortune to train foreign soldiers to fight wars that are frankly none of our business.
Politics over. I promise to be more light-hearted next week!
See other people's Inchies by clicking the link on the left.
Excellent interpretation. Love it.
ReplyDeleteIngenious AJ, I would never have thought of that!
ReplyDeleteBrilliant idea, thinking outside the box
ReplyDeleteVery clever! Love it!
ReplyDeleteReally smart, AJ!
ReplyDeleteA great take on the theme, I love it.
ReplyDeletexxx Hazel.
I am sure that a lot of people put out of work do consider it ruin AJ - so a very topical inchie this week. I think I read that Morrisons are thinking of taking over Jessop's shops. (and employees I hope)
ReplyDeleteReally love your take on ruin, we'll said, well done.
ReplyDeleteVery well done. I always thought of old castles or houses and never thought about other meanings of the word. Love the interpretation.
ReplyDeleteLove the background of your blog.
That's a great idea!
ReplyDeleteGood idea...I like thinking outside the box!
ReplyDeleteGreat idea. I love that you went digital.
ReplyDeleteThis is excellent. Very creative and meaningful. I especially liked that background word "ruin" repeated over and over. We don't see it at first, but it brings a depth to your work that I really like.
ReplyDelete