Monday, 13 May 2013

Every Inchie Monday - Tracks

Tracks (every inchie monday) This week's Every Inchie Monday topic is 'tracks'.  I started out by drawing tyre tracks, but I thought it was too obvious. So I went for something that 'tracks' something, rather than actual tracks.

www.bookcrossing.com is an international scheme where people leave books in odd places for other people to find. I've been a member for a few years and have released a few books into the wild. Some have even been picked up, read and passed on.

If you want to take part, you visit the website, register a book, and are given a reference number to put inside the front cover. Then you have to let the book go free and hope that it finds a caring new owner. Sometimes they do. Most of them you never hear from again.

The site tracks each book's progress around the world, as long as finders join in and add their comments to let you know they found your book.

8 comments:

  1. This is terrific, great fun, I love your little book running into the wild.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant interpretation. Great that you found a not so obvious way to show the topic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your inchie! It's a great drawing. That sounds like an interesting website.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a different idea for the challenge. I have thousands of books (honestly), but no one would find them where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your inchie and the whole idea of the book project. I need to look into this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a terrific idea and a great inchie

    chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your inchie - a great take on the theme.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete

Don't just drop by and then leave. Please leave a note to say you've been!